"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5
Monday, January 24, 2011
Boy or Girl??
So between week 18 and 26 you can begin scheduling your ultrasound to find out the sex of your baby. Well the time had come and, like we had planned all along, Scott and I would not be finding out the sex of our little peanut. This decision shocked some people, well most people actually. I am as Type A as anyone could be and I'm honestly shocked that not knowing the sex hasn't bothered me. I guess the biggest reason it hasn't is because of how Scott talks about the "big day" and him being the first person to know what God has blessed us with. Plus, he talks all the time about how his Dad about how he and his sisters were such a surprise. I feel like Scott and his Dad can bond in the experience of having the same experience as they both entered into Fatherhood. Plus, the excitement of everyone guessing is so fun and, of course, I giggle every time I tell someone we aren't finding out the sex. Everyone's reaction is, "Oh my goodness, how will you do the baby's room"? "What about clothes for the baby"? Or the other reaction we get from time to time is, "Wow, that's great. I don't know of anyone that decided to keep the gender a surprise". Either way, Scott and I are on the same page and are both excited to keep the secret until he or she makes their appearance on the "big day".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment