Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dawn & Scott's Journey Into Parenthood

We wanted to start a blog in order to document the months leading up to the arrival of Baby Woods.  We want to be able to share all the milestones, as well as the ups and downs leading up to the big day with all our friends and family.  We would also like to provide some evidence of the pain and effort we (“we” as in Dawn) went through to ensure his or her safe arrival, something we can make the child read through on those days when they are being especially bratty.  The third and final purpose we hope the blog serves is disproving the myth that every pregnancy is a walk in the park.  It seems that the far majority of pregnant women take an unspoken oath.  When asked about their pregnancy they swear to reply by saying “I’m great, I feel wonderful” or “I just love being pregnant.”  Well, that memo did not make it to the Woods household.  In the spirit of full disclosure, posts regarding how Dawn is feeling at that moment in time are more likely to describe how “I’m contemplating sleeping by the toilet these days” or that “I can’t shave my legs in my shower” or that “I toss my cookies every time I attempt to brush my teeth.”  Yes, the miracle of pregnancy is just that, but it’s a fact that Mommy’s body definitely gets beat up along the way! And personally Iadies, I (Dawn) am all for helping the men of our lives understand this so all women can get a little more TLC (ice cream, back rubs, etc.) along the way!  Although, we know it will be a long and eventful nine months and it will be difficult at times, we also know the gift waiting for us will be worth every second of it.

1 comment: