I can honestly say the pregnancy thus far has not been the easiest. We have not had anything tragic happen, Thank GOD, but we have had our share of bumps and worries along the way. Since God was kind enough to give me a double uterus, I have been considered high risk from the very beginning and have to take extra precautions such as seeing a specialist along with my regular ob, no exercise and a few other things BUT the great news is I have been able to see my precious baby grow on sonogram every few weeks!
Getting the news I was pregnant was one of the most life changing experiences I have had. This day has been a very long time coming….mostly from my end as Scott has wanted to be a Dad way before the baby would have been legit—for me, I knew I always wanted to be a Mom but it just took me a little bit longer to be ready to actually say it out loud—I’m ready! Nevertheless, because it was a surprise I was shocked, excited and scared to death! We had such a great spring/summer with awesome friends and had just got back from an incredible birthday trip (Happy Birthday to me) in Florida…well apparently I had a little TOO much fun b/c just a few weeks later I found out I was preggo! I didn’t have any of the feelings a lot of pregnant women have like bloating or eating more or nausea –I felt great …in fact so great I went zip lining 2 days before I took the pee test…I felt horrible! But nonetheless I was definitely pregnant…we officially found out August 18th-Missy and Dave’s wedding anniversary and lucky for me (so I won’t forget)!!
Friday, I went to my doctor to take another pee test to confirm I was pregnant and this pee test too said I was preggo! Shortly after that appointment, 8 weeks pregnant I went back for my 1st prenatal visit where I got lots of goodies to read through and got to meet w/ my ob to ask any questions I had and oddly enough I didn’t have very many---now looking back it was definitely shock! Dr. Fine then scheduled my 1st visit with my specialist where I got my strict orders from Dr. Potter to NOT over do it---here I am thinking---over do it?? Of course I’m not going to overdo it—I’m going to continue to work the same schedule I have until now, go to the gym, cook supper..You know all the typical things I had done up until August 18th…well he had another thing in mind! And almost immediately after I found out I was pregnant the nausea hit and OMG did it hit!!! I was so sick from sun up to sun down and nothing, I repeat, nothing would help my nausea although, McDonald’s French fries sure did help the cause! The only time I felt ok was when I was eating, which explains why I gained almost as much weight as I should for the entire pregnancy during the 1st trimester. Something my doctor said was my own fault since I wouldn’t get the nausea pills filled in fear (I know, stupid fear) that I would hurt the baby!
I know with God’s help and those Mickey-D’s fries I referenced earlier this pregnancy will get easier, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment